This year 2020 is truly special and undoubtedly marks a tuning point in the life of SAYM.
1. Here in Nepal, everything is focused on the organization of the International Conference on Democratic Education-IDEC which will take place from October 14 to 19, 2020 at the Ashram in Kathmandu, then from 20 to 22 in the Himalayas.
400 people from 40 countries are expected.
The ashram is changing The lDEC site in English is still under construction. As the work progresses, the French ste is also being built In English: idec2020nepal.org/
2. The Ayuredic hospital is under construction. It will serve as accommodation during IDEC. Next door, a kitchen for the hospital is also under construction. It will also be used during the meeting to feed all the participants.
Following IDEC, the hospital will start operation
Binita, a child from the ashram, who has just completed medical school in Ayurveda, will be the chief medical officer. Around her, young people continue to train in naturopathy, Ayurvedic treatments and other therapies, such as therapy with singing bowls earlier this year
3. Construction of the new Guest House begins
Everything should be ready at the end of September to serve for 1DEC 2020. This event accelerates things at high speed. Then the main builiding will be reserved for chilidren.
4. Everywhere, walls of large stones are made to finalize the slopes which for more than 20 years have been in the ground. This makes it possible to make clean paths. All the trafthc inside the ashram has been redesigned. Ihe walls also allow you to have wel -detined and full plots of the garden. Or to create decoratrve plots, especialy afround tne meditation tempie.
Beyond all this, with the new school, the goal is to be able to double, in the more or less long term, the number of children in care
5. Ramprasad and Sushma are working to structure their offer of Ayurvedic and naturopathic treatments in Guimi, in connection with the creation of the web portal and the trips that will be offered. The goal of the game in the mare or less long term: that Gulmi becomes an International Center for pensions, internships, and care.
Frst page visble on the web portat www.saym.org/sni-aurobindo-yoge-mandit/nous-connaitre/guimi/
6. Ih Terai, a group of French people has just arrived to create an autonomy project in terms of seeds is a permaculture project that will develop over several years, on the dapted to its soil and climate, and on the other hand, to gradually develop the sale of organic seeds in Nepal.see elsewhere.
To get a better idea of the project, visit their crowdfunding page
7. At the same time, Auronepal Travel & trek lays the foundations for its development.
Many projects are emerging and are being created.
The French site is under Development as part of the portal.
There is also talk of redoing the site in English on the same basis.
Pascaline and her agency Le Monde en Rendez-Vous, which markets Happymalaya trips, agrees to offer treks and other trips in their offers that SAYM and Auronepal Trek will implement.
They will come in April to discover the place and meet each other with a view to this partnership.
All goodwill, llideas and allitiatives are welcome to:
Many projects are emerging and are being created.
- increase SAYM resources: donations, trips and stays in Nepal, development of pensions in France, etc.
- publicize and sell the book
- develop communication and the presence of SAYM on diverse and varied networks..and everywhere else: possibilities to participate in salons, yoga festivals, and other
- well-being, travel or music events, etc
- develop partnerships with foundations, vocational schools, companies, etc.
- develop solidarity actions
- .write articles, create video documentaries, speak on the radio and anything that can be imagined to help publicize Sri Aurobindo Yoga Mandir, Auronepal Travel & Trek and the Tapobhumi Reception Center in Gulmi.
There is room for lots of people and lots of initiatives!
WELCOME to all who wish.
The SAYM being in a 100% united approach to educate the children coming from the most underprivileged areas of Nepal, the French association can profit from invitations or advantageous tariffs to be present on demonstrations and events and to communicate on the activities of SAYM, sell books, etc.
Solidarity, mutual aid, service to others, to the community and to the world, are the basis of karma yoga and the philosophy that drives Sri Aurobindo Yoga Mandir.
Like Ramchandra, totlly dedicated to serving children and young people, of their education, their education and their future, each child develops here this quality of self-giving.
In the same spirit, each visitor is invited to develop, as much as possible, the solidarity dimension of their trip.
Your stay at Sri Aurobindo Yoga Mandir
OR THE JOY of being a blessing for SAYM
.Finally, it happens that some people find a way not to be (a blessing). quick to judge and criticize what they see according to their way of thinking without trying to understand the reality of things, without knowing life at Nepal and still months in the ashram. Yes, yes, it happens!
Fortunately, this is rare and the majority of visitors are truly a blessing
However, you can be an even greater blessing-
PARTICIPATE in the life of the ashram and help here or there
At Sri Aurobindo Yoga Mandir, no one will ever come looking for you to ask for help… or to tell you that there is a need for help. This does not mean that your help would not be welcome, no! But each and everyone is left to his freedom to be what he chooses to be and to live what he chooses to live. Everyone will aways respect what you are and your daily life choices.
And if you choose to participate in the life of the ashram and help, you are very welcome!
There are many ways to help!
The ashram works in departments: cooking. cleaning. garden, DIY, administration and secretarial work, construction, teaching, etc.
If you feel like ofering yoUr services, your skills willbe really welcome!
Take the step towards one or the other person in charge to ofer to help you!
From there, you will be guided to act in the service of the community.
Give an even greater solidarity dimension to your trip
The budget for Sri Aurobindo Yoga Mandir is enormous: around e 200,000 per year… not counting the constructions. Everything is done to be as independent as possible but the various agricultural activities are still one of the main sources of income..and as in all countries of the worid, it is not, by far, the best-paid activity that is.
All this to say that there is always a need tor additional funds, especially since there are constantly unfore seen expenses to assume. It’s like a house in the countryside…but power 10 or 20, or even more.
Thus, each visitor is invited, if they wish, to implement a financial or material solidarity dimension to their trip.
SOLIDARITY CONTRIBUTIONS: List of SAYM needs
Each visitor is invited to complete their suitcase (s) with clothes in good condition or some utensils and materials that the ashram needs.
Everyone generally has the option of travelling with luggage from 23 to 30 kg.
With Air India, some flights allow you to take two 23 kg suitcases. They are the only ones to allow this.
We invite you to choose this airline and these flights. Certainly, they are more expensive, but the addition al cost is less than an additional 16 or 23 kg on another flight, whatever the campany, it seems. But not all of them have been checked. Learn about the company you plan to take.
IMPORTANT: Do not buy pencils, notebooks, or anything to bring to Nepal, unless it is on the list. Better to bring the money with you and give it to the ashram for them to buy in Kathmandu. They can have 10 times more
- Various kitchen knives and utensils – strong and resistant
- Vegetable peelers strong and durable (metal rather than plastic).
- Tea strainers
- Strong and resistant blenders (Umni blend for example)
- School supplies
- Tools for school laboratory. Microscope, small glass plates, etc.
- Balloon Planet -Continent and Country Maps (in English) – Nature Posters
- Video projector
- Wireless bluetooth PC connection mouse, with USB bluettoth PC connection key
- Individual and collective skipping ropes
- Cildrens clothes – from8 years ola (Nepalese are smaller), inciUding Key, TIeeces, anoraks, ana oeanies TOr winte- NO neea to oring clotnes Tor Children up to 7 years old. Th eashram already has a lot.
- Adolescent and adult clothing, including anoraks and soccer jerseys from well-known teams-Some young people like it!
- Jackets and adult jackets
- Flat and fiexible shoes, boy and girl, from 35 to 44
- Large and small special scissors for sewing
- Darning thread
- Sewing buttons
- Zipper siliders
Health and Beauty
- Lice combs-mechanical and electrical –
- Natural make-up (nails, eyebrows, eyes, foundations, etc.)
- Sacred oil from Madagascar (Du Coté deslles)
- Coconut Oil and Rosehip Oil
- Bhagirathi, who came with Ramchandra in 2018 to present a sacred dance performance, is finishing her studies as a professional dancer 0dissi. Her skin was dam make-up. The sacred oil of Madagascar is a wonderful oil to repair the skin: www.du-cote-des-iles.com
Daily life & Leisure
- A few hundred meters of 3 or 4 mm rope (No clothesline with plastic around it)
- Used mobiles
- Ping pong rackets and balls
- Musical instruments: guitar, flutes, etc.
- Classical guitar strings (nylon)
UNIONS OF SOLIDARITY
From the moment your trip is scheduled, any initiatives you can have to raise some funds are welcome. And if you can only make a E 50 kitty, it’s already magnificent. Each hummingbird is important de spite its small size.
Kitty, solidarity sales, solidarity workshops or courses, etc. your creativity can be limitless.2 solutions are available to you for this financial solidarity
Checks: it is entirely possible to go through the association Les Enfants de Ram. We group transfers for SAYM 2 to 3 times a year to save costs. Important: each transfer received from France costs E 30 at Sri Aurobindo Yoga Mandir. This is why we group them together. Cash: change everything you want to take into denominations of at least E 50 to give to the ashram on arrival. This facilitates the exchange.
Very Important Arrived on-site, entrust everything you brought to a manager who will change to distribute ít on time and to who needs it. Do not individually give one or other of the children a doll, a pair of shoes or a pencil, etc.
Sometimes, on the spot, there are also privileged relationships with one or other of the children or young people. Often there is a great temptation to buy something. to give gifts. Ramchandra strives to provide education without selfishness and individual privilege.
Please do not short-circut this background work! Individual gifts subtly nouri sh a sense of possessiveness despte all the goad intentions of the heart which guide your actions.
Solidarity on the return from Nepal
Each visitor is invited to leave the ashram with some spices, pashmina, singing bowis, various and varied crafts, etc. to resell around him, in his family, his circle of friends or acquaintances.
If, as we have invited you, you have chosen an Air India flight with 2 possible hold baggage, then you will have 23 kg of supplies -less the quantity of your gifts and souvenirs-which you can bring back to resell for the benefit of Sri Aurobindo Yoga Mandir. We will give you the resale prices in Europe.
But, even if you only bring back 2 or 3 kg of resale supplies, it will already be wonderful. All solidarity is welcomed with joy.
It’s solidarity on the return from Nepal is a real opportunity to tell about your trip, to share and extend the magic of your stay!
And over the visitors, these joint sales constitute a significant income for the SAYM.
Many, after their stay at the ashram, want to support and help, without really knowing how.
Do not hesitate to contact Abel and the Children of Ram. We will be able to see together what is possible according to your availability and skills.
You can also get in touch, depending on your place of residence, with an association that supports Sri Aurobindo foga Mandir.. or with a few people who act punctually here or there.
We will give you the contacts.
ORGANIZE an event in France
Ramchandra comes regularly to France, but also to Belgium and the Netherlands.
If on this occasion you can organize an event, various programs are possible ranging from the conference to the Nepalese meal, through yoga workshops, yoga Nidra, meditation or pranayama.
You may also be involved in an event around welIness, yoga, meditation, travel, treks, etc. such as fairs, congresses or festivals. Any opportunity to introduce Sri Aurobindo Yoga Mandir, Auronepal Travel & Trek and the various activities in Nepal and Europe is welcome. Do not hesitate to contact Les Enfants de Ram.